More Green For Less Green

Living more eco-friendly for less money

4.12.2010

Composting Basics

Have you read about composting and been interested, but just don't know how to start? Because others have said it better than I can, I am going to link you to my favorite composting sites:

Multi-page article that takes you from the science of composting to actually starting a pile: How Stuff Works

Loads of info on anything and everything compost related: HowToCompost.org

For newbies and experienced folks alike: 75 Things You Can Compost, But Thought You Couldn't

For the science-brained folks, a Can I Compost It chart along with the why.
(Thanks for that link, Crunchy Conscience!)

My favorite book on composting is called Composting by Liz Ball and is part of the Smith & Hawken Hands On Gardener series. This book has a simple, non-gimmicky approach that I really appreciate.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2010 at 12:48 AM , Blogger Dustin M. Smith said...

Pamm,
I had a compost pile one year growing up and it was one of the coolest little projects I ever did. Too bad I didn't have much of a garden at the time so it didn't go to any real use. When I get a yard again this is one of the first things I'm going to do.

-Dustin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home