More Green For Less Green

Living more eco-friendly for less money

3.26.2010

Worms, Glorious Worms!

Worms have found my compost bin. I am so excited! Check them out!

Squeamish? Really, all you can see here is arrows.

Not Squeamish? Click on the image to open a full-size version and see the worms in all their cute, wriggly glory.

In addition to the worms, I can see some decomposition in my compost. It is happening much more quickly that my ground piles ever did, probably because I turn it more often and add new greens more often.

Speaking of ground piles, I made this simple chart awhile back for the pile at work since it was (theoretcially) a community pile. I could never figure out a good way to post it outside, so I never actually used it. My thought was laminated paper staple-gunned to a small wooden post, but I never actually did it. I am a private composter these days, but I wanted to share this chart in case it helps someone else.


Click on the image to open a larger version.

Happy composting!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home