More Green For Less Green

Living more eco-friendly for less money

3.14.2010

Reusable Cold Cup

I recently bought this reusable, cutie Copco Cold Beverage To Go Cup from Bed Bath and Beyond for $7.99 (plus 20% off with a coupon). I rarely drink soda, but if I did, I would totally try to get fast food places to fill up this cup instead of their disposable ones. I do enjoy the occasional treat of a frozen drink at the coffe shop at work or a milkshake from Chick-Fil-A (which come in polystyrene cups—ick). The coffee shop uses my new cup with no issue, but I haven’t tried it anywhere else yet.

What I love about this cup
  • Reusable
  • Secure lid that is easy to screw on
  • Fat straw/stirrer, sturdy enough for chunks
  • BPA-free
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Affordable price
  • Feels solid
  • Tag is made from post-consumer recycled paper
  • Some places give a reusable cup discount
  • You can fill it up to the very brim and the lid still fits on without overflowing the cup

What I don’t love about this cup

  • Made in China
  • Made from virgin materials
  • I wish it came in more colors
  • Too big for the size of drinks that I usually get (but I show people that the middle of the brown section is 12 oz.)

Copco also makes a double-walled hot cup version that comes in several colors and features a sipping hole in the lid, just like disposable cups have.

Update: I brought my cup into a McDonald's for my annual Shamrock Shake and they used it without question. Added bonus, instead of filling it to the 16 oz point, which I estimated for the cashier, she filled the whole thing for me.

This guy is also great for drinking ice water out of. Sipping ice-cold water from a straw seems almost like a restaurant treat.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 14, 2010 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

How cool! I need one of these for all of my frappacinos!

 
At May 17, 2010 at 12:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this cup double walled?

 
At May 17, 2010 at 8:59 AM , Blogger -Pamm said...

Q: Is this cup double walled?
A: It is not. I've heard that Starbucks just re-released their double-wall cold cup, though. A friend has the Starbucks one and I LOVE it, but at the time I bought my Copco one, Starbucks was not selling them anymore and they were going for $50 on Ebay.

 
At October 25, 2010 at 3:30 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I bought this same cup at Bed Bath and Beyond for $7 a couple years ago and am still using it every day. I drink only water in it, as I found that when I used it for juice one day the water tasted funny even after a few washes. So now I stick to just water with it. I find that I drink MORE water with it because it's easy to transport everywhere. I do love it and it has really lasted very well. It has also traveled across at least 4 countries with me. One of my favorite purchases!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home